Show your DIY Projects

You could drill a hole in the 2x4 to pass the vertical pipe through and use a hose clamp on the pipe above the 2x4 to hold it at your desired height.
I was thinking about the hole throught the wood, and tossing the idea around of how to clamp it. A gear clamp might be a bit fussy, but that gets my creative thoughts flowing... thanks

Conduit connector, think this might be the ticket! Not to mention that it is something that I had lying around...
20200503_145119.jpg

The most underwhelming DIY project in this thread yet, but it does what it needs to and I no longer need to worry about the counterflow chiller toppling off the shelf when I'm finishing up a brew.

IMG_20200510_154943.jpg

My OBA mashing spoon and anti-boil over device! From a hickory tree I took down early ;last winter. I'm still roughing out a larger paddle from a chunk of red oak that is much easier to work with....one can only go so far with a chain saw!

20200518_201228.jpeg

My OBA mashing spoon and anti-boil over device! From a hickory tree I took down early ;last winter. I'm still roughing out a larger paddle from a chunk of red oak that is much easier to work with....one can only go so far with a chain saw!

View attachment 10134
Hickory is some hard timber isn't that the same stuff axe handles pick handles ect are made from. Will last a long time.

Got to the point that I couldn't throw my leg over the 700mm fishing bike I built just after retiring. Got a 26" and switched over the carrying rack & pole holders for a shorter version. Hopefully this will work for a few more years.

Fishmobile II.jpg

Do you whistle the theme song from "The Andy Griffith Show" when you are going fishing Bob?

So question, I wasn't thinking about how long my heat sticks are when I drilled the holes and they come into contact with each other. Is this likely to be a problem? Or just a possible spot where it might scorch? i don't want to turn it on to do a boil off test if i'm going to fry them out of the gate.

upload_2020-7-3_13-28-45.png

So question, I wasn't thinking about how long my heat sticks are when I drilled the holes and they come into contact with each other. Is this likely to be a problem? Or just a possible spot where it might scorch? i don't want to turn it on to do a boil off test if i'm going to fry them out of the gate.

View attachment 10669
I think it'll be fine but as you said a scorch spot maybe and be a bugger to clean looks good btw I think I'll run into a similar issue with mine.

Interested to see what other more sane brewers say:D

if it's just a scorch spot I'm not super worried initially. It's going to be a neat BIAB system that is entirely home brew.

if it's just a scorch spot I'm not super worried initially. It's going to be a neat BIAB system that is entirely home brew.
Can you remove the elements?
Be careful firing the elements full noise with the Biab bag in. I use one element when mashing and trun it down 50% which is around 1000watt I can rest the bag on the element then with no issues at all.

Nothing to worry about there. picked up a false bottom for the kettle too, I have no real control so its 0/1500/3000W in the kettle right now but the false bottom should be fine. Plus picked up a good quality brew bag.
upload_2020-7-3_16-40-29.png

upload_2020-7-3_16-40-45.png

Back