What did you get delivered today

A set of 3 hop bags. Just in time for tomorrows brew. The hop filter just doesn't seem to be getting enough circulation for optimum utilization. Figured between the sizes and ability to weigh them down, an improvement is coming.

upload_2020-5-4_18-12-15.jpeg

All the parts finally game. Installed tankless RO system, in-line tds meter and t’d off to a flow meter so I can fill the kettle while I weigh and mill grains.
so far looks like it’s taking the tds down from 243 to around 7-9. Just mailed in sample to ward labs for analysis, water here is unbelievably hard.View attachment 9897 View attachment 9896

How much did that bad boy run you? That's an interesting idea but I'm not sure I would be down for the spend.

Nice setup
Hard is what we have here. 550+ ppm with calcium at ~210 ppm. 7 - 9 ppm is what I'm getting from a commercial RO dispenser at our local Walmart. Nothing wrong with that.

Fair point. Tap water is enough for our needs.

So this came today......:) have a Inkbird ITC-310T-B Digital Temp Controller arriving tomorrow and will be using a spare fridge for a fermenting box. Hope to be starting a Block Party Amber Ale this weekend!!!! ;)

Attachments

• Brew Kit.jpg
    Brew Kit.jpg
    130.1 KB · Views: 74
So this came today......:) have a Inkbird ITC-310T-B Digital Temp Controller arriving tomorrow and will be using a spare fridge for a fermenting box. Hope to be starting a Block Party Amber Ale this weekend!!!! ;)
And so the journey begins very cool.

Dude! You are in for some good times! :) You might want to order another kit now to keep you busy while the first one ferments because youare gonna be anxious! lol

What are you using for a pot and are you brewing stovetop or outside on a burner?

I haven't had enough coffee sorry you have it right just don't tighten the nut, tighten the thermalwell

Thermowell for temp probe.
I'm guessing kettle goes between washer then O ring and nut on inside?View attachment 9968
Just make sure that you lubricate that oring when installing so it doesn't get damaged.
To answer your question, that is correct, washer on outside, oring and nut inside.

Just make sure that you lubricate that oring when installing so it doesn't get damaged.
To answer your question, that is correct, washer on outside, oring and nut inside.
Cheers got a spare o ring too. But now I've found a trick if you ever bust one save going to HB store or ordering a new one cut an inch or so off silicone hose then cut it down the middle and carefully using a razor cut your diameter in the hose and hey Presto ghetto silicon washer :)

Cheers got a spare o ring too. But now I've found a trick if you ever bust one save going to HB store or ordering a new one cut an inch or so off silicone hose then cut it down the middle and carefully using a razor cut your diameter in the hose and hey Presto ghetto silicon washer :)
Genius!

I have a silicon baking sheet just for that, dozens of washer/O-rings for emergencies.

Dude! You are in for some good times! :) You might want to order another kit now to keep you busy while the first one ferments because youare gonna be anxious! lol

What are you using for a pot and are you brewing stovetop or outside on a burner?

Ha, I was thinking the same thing.... want to try a stout or porter. I have a 5 gal SS pot that came with kit and using an old gas burner from a turkey fryer!! ;)

Back