Delete Recipes? and Stout?

HbgBill

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'm new and a guest. Still trying to figure things out. Hope to get on as a subscriber.. in the meantime..
Is it possible to delete the saved recipes?

The other question I have is as a water profile for an Oatmeal Stout. It's not a Dry Irish.. and it's not a sweet stout. It's in between. So, curious as to what type of Water Profile I should plug in.

Thanks.

As a guest you cant delete anything. As for the water profile, you can look up water profiles for your area or have your water tested and build a profile off that. The water profile will be the water you are using, not some made up info. I for one don't use a water profile, have never had my water tested, but it comes from an aquifer.

Sorry, I guess I needed to be more clear. I have a water report. I just need to know what profile I should be choosing for an Oatmeal Stout.

for water, I would think what works for a sweet stout would work for an oatmeal stout. not real sure about it though.

You can base it on the SRM of the finished beer as well. Palmer has a spreadsheet that works nicely.

you really shouldn't need to change much for an oatmeal stout unless your water is very soft or extremely hard, that beer will cover up most anything and taste the same under most water conditions

I'm new to this site, and brewing in general but If you can't delete, can you edit ones you have saved? Then resave as a new recipe.

Marno said:
I'm new to this site, and brewing in general but If you can't delete, can you edit ones you have saved? Then resave as a new recipe.
That specific functionality isn't available to full members, so I doubt it would be to trial members.
What you can try is copying a recipe. Works just as well and is something that at least full members can do...

Not an edit > save as, but under tools there is a copy function. So it's a "save as" then edit.

Back