Show your DIY Projects

Time for a DIY "O" Ring??
Its just a real light lid with only 4 clamps. I put extras on but after was done realized i hadn't placed the lid exactly center. Holds pressure well enough bubbler works fine, i think human error was involved.

So tried exploratory run of pressure transfer.
View attachment 9363
Used @J A 's idea and tweeked it a little. Did have trouble getting a seal on light lid and clamps. Other than that worked ok. Need to play with fittings and hoses but the Chapman kettle did ok. If it dosen't smooth out i guess i have a new bigger mash tun.
Those Chapman pots just won't hold much pressure without a lot of auxiliary clamps. It works well as long as it's a slow and patient process. Helps a lot to elevate the pot as it empties in order to alleviate the liquid level differential and need for extra head pressure.

One of the keggles I got when I bought my used system had a sanitary port on it, going to make it into an HLT that I can run on 240
20200401_184551.jpg

20200401_184557.jpg

what do ya do when you have a BMB who's lid is on too tight and you only have 2 hands.....Who was it that said give me a big enough lever and I will move the world??

20200408_180802.jpeg
20200408_180742.jpeg

And that's not electrical tape...it's an old bicycle tube...I always told ya I was a cheap bastard!

Archimedes. ;) Nice, I have something just like it for oil filters.

A mash rake and one of 16 wooden bottle crates I have made, the pictures kinda suck but my camera gear is inaccessible at the moment]

NICE WORK! BEAUTY EH? It surely makes up for any lacking in the pictures!

I got a paddle that I have been roughing out from a hickory tree I took down that is nowhere close to that level of craftsmenship. Very impressive philjohn!

Last edited:
Looks as though you tried it. Is it more efficient, and how much more?

Worked great, once I got down to 100F, I slowed the flow down, and took it down to 80F pretty quick. I was pitching VOSS Kveik, so I overshot my pitch temp a bit. When the ground water warms up here I will prechill the cooling water.

I also copied Head First's sparge arm, used it on my last brew, worked great, just need to work out a good way to adjust the height.
20200428_104238.jpg

I also copied Head First's sparge arm, used it on my last brew, worked great, just need to work out a good way to adjust the height.
View attachment 9886
You could drill a hole in the 2x4 to pass the vertical pipe through and use a hose clamp on the pipe above the 2x4 to hold it at your desired height.

Back