new HONIG BOCK HANNOVER... what do you suggest?

If you want to follow the traditional bock style, I would replace the honey with some crystal malt or possibly some Special B. The color on your recipe is a bit light. Also, I would skip the dry hop for this style. The beer should have a low hop flavor and aroma.

If you want to follow the traditional bock style, I would replace the honey with some crystal malt or possibly some Special B. The color on your recipe is a bit light. Also, I would skip the dry hop for this style. The beer should have a low hop flavor and aroma.
Thank you so much for your words!!!! Best wishes.

I agree with Bubba! Special B is a great idea and definitely don't dry hop a bock...

Thank you very much Blackmuse
Your welcome. A couple more things I noticed:

1. - MOST IMPORTANT - you will certainly need more than 11g of yeast for this beer. 33 or 44 would be better by far!

2. NOT AS IMPORTANT BUT - You may benefit from doing a MASH OUT by raising your mash to 75c for 10 minutes AFTER your initial infusion mash. (This should denature your enzymes and lock in your wort).
Then sparge with water that is somewhere around 77-80 c....
- If it is too difficult to raise your mash temp then just sparge with 77-80c sparge water.

Back