Equipment Profiles

thunderwagn

Trial Member
Reaction score
First off I'd like to start by saying I know how to set up equipment profiles. I currently have 5 set up. I have biab profiles, cooler tun profiles, and a Grainfather profile. I understand how it's done.
That said, I think Brewersfriend seems to be about the only (big name) brewing software out there not having any standard brewing profiles set up. With the popularity of the new all in one brewing systems like the Anvil and Grainfather, I think BF is missing or overlooking a target audience. For the most part, the parameters for each system remains the same and only a couple of fine tuning pieces (boil off rate) need to be adjusted. Of course this option will only appeal to those with one of these systems and don't need to interfere with brewers who don't need or use them.
Systems like the Grainfather, Anvil, Digiboil, etc seem to be the way a lot of brewers are going these days. Having a baseline to follow right out of the box would be a nice option.

Apparently I never hit send when I originally typed this up, sorry for the delay!

I agree, offering official profiles makes things easier for those that use an all in one system. Moreover they're generally already available from the manufacturer and so should be easy to setup.

Additionally I'd like to have a way to import/export equipment profiles.

I'll submit a ticket for both, separately.

Apparently I never hit send when I originally typed this up, sorry for the delay!

I agree, offering official profiles makes things easier for those that use an all in one system. Moreover they're generally already available from the manufacturer and so should be easy to setup.

Additionally I'd like to have a way to import/export equipment profiles.

I'll submit a ticket for both, separately.
Thanks man! And yes, I agree. The ability to import and export equipment profiles would be a great addition.
Some basic equipment profiles can come in really handy as starting points.

So with that being said, does anyone have an equipment profile for the Anvil Foundry 10.5gal version? Mine was just delivered today and I would love to get the profile setup for my next batch.

Looking for profile for Foundry 10.5 myself.

@jspirko @BigFatDanS @Chaos home brewing

This is what I've found, hope you find it useful. At 220v, the boil off should go up to 4qt/hr.

The default mash thickness is a matter of preference, but I'd recommend 1.5-1.75 as a starting point.

The mashtun addition is an upcoming equipment setting that will help compensate for the volume beneath/outside the mash basket or false bottom. Consider the following, you're mash 12 lbs with 15 qts of strike water. Normally that would be a thickness of 1.25 qt/lb, but if you have 6 qts outside or under the basket/false bottom then you're apparent thickness is now 0.75 qt/lb inside the actual grain bed. This is a very thick mash. In a future update (coming soon to a brewing software near you), the QWR and mash guidelines mash thickness settings will take this into account and add 6 qt to your strike volume.

upload_2020-8-12_17-30-39.png

Back