fermentation calendar correct abv wrong

Gregt44

Trial Member
Reaction score
it seems to be taking the OG from mash complete instead of boil complete. Mash complete gravity 1.058. Boil compete gravity 1.075 current gravity 1.008 calculated abv is 6.6. per abv calculator should be 8.8

it seems to be taking the OG from mash complete instead of boil complete. Mash complete gravity 1.058. Boil compete gravity 1.075 current gravity 1.008 calculated abv is 6.6. per abv calculator should be 8.8
Thanks for reaching out, we pushed a patch around the same time as your post. Would you be able to take a quick look again to see if it's still occuring in your recipe?

Thanks for reaching out, we pushed a patch around the same time as your post. Would you be able to take a quick look again to see if it's still occuring in your recipe?

Yes post patch..the calendar Is fixed the abv seems to be calculating from Mash completel. I just verified thx

@Gregt44

I'm unable to reproduce.

New brew session, recipe estimated OG is 1.050. Final gravity is 1.009.
Add the following brew logs
Mash complete, SG is 1.040.
Boil complete is 1.049
Sample is 1.020 (to get a partial fermentation reading on chart)
Fermentation complete is 1.012

OG in fermentation is 1.020 from the sample.

I don't think mash or boil logs are used for the fermentation chart, only brew day complete, and any of the fermentation type log entries.

If I then add a brewday complete for 1.052, it shows up in the fermentation chart.

There was a bug regarding the fermentation chart, but I believe it was patched around the same time as your forum post. If you're still seeing the bug, would you be able to delete and re-add the brew log entries to see if the bug still exists? Or provide screen shots of your brew log entry table and fermentation chart so we can investigate further?

Thanks!

yes it is strange The Gravity is starting at the mash complete. then going up to brew day complete. then down. I will try to post a screen shot when I get home

CA8EDB9E-4C40-41D4-A7A2-CBB9620564FD.png
F0609F49-7328-4D66-A1B3-56ED7E8B8878.png
AFC41A82-9934-4C4E-8C7D-4FCA8759EC48.png
@Gregt44

I'm unable to reproduce.

New brew session, recipe estimated OG is 1.050. Final gravity is 1.009.
Add the following brew logs
Mash complete, SG is 1.040.
Boil complete is 1.049
Sample is 1.020 (to get a partial fermentation reading on chart)
Fermentation complete is 1.012

OG in fermentation is 1.020 from the sample.

I don't think mash or boil logs are used for the fermentation chart, only brew day complete, and any of the fermentation type log entries.

If I then add a brewday complete for 1.052, it shows up in the fermentation chart.

There was a bug regarding the fermentation chart, but I believe it was patched around the same time as your forum post. If you're still seeing the bug, would you be able to delete and re-add the brew log entries to see if the bug still exists? Or provide screen shots of your brew log entry table and fermentation chart so we can investigate further?

Thanks!

If you see an error in The entries let me know. I’m pretty sure I already deleted and re-entered since the patch. I’ll try that again if you don’t see something obvious I did wrong...I fell off a ladder at work today so I’m feeling a little meh atm. I’m okay but not feeling the best

View attachment 9550 View attachment 9551 View attachment 9552

If you see an error in The entries let me know. I’m pretty sure I already deleted and re-entered since the patch. I’ll try that again if you don’t see something obvious I did wrong...I fell off a ladder at work today so I’m feeling a little meh atm. I’m okay but not feeling the best
Thanks for the info! I'll take a look later today after work. Hope you heal quickly!

Ok I deleted and resubmitted log entries...no changes

Thanks for the persistence @Gregt44, thanks to a couple users like yourself I see it's using whatever the earliest log entry is according to the date stamp. This is okay for the SG chart, but the OG, and ABV need to only use the actual OG from the brew day complete log entry.

Once an update goes out, I'll comment here and let you know so we can confirm it's fixed.

Thanks again!

Back