Negative ABV and Negative brew days

jaywaycon

Trial Member
Reaction score
If I go to my latest brew session then brew log and then fermentation charts I see the following:
Screenshot_20200410-160909.png

Have I done something wrong? My log entries look good

I'm logged in using Chrome on a Google pixel 3

Cheers

It looks like we are reversing the OG and FG reporting.
I've put in a ticket for this and will keep you posted on the fix.
Thanks for the report and the screenshot- that helps us nail down a problem so we can fix it.

It looks like we are reversing the OG and FG reporting.
I've put in a ticket for this and will keep you posted on the fix.
Thanks for the report and the screenshot- that helps us nail down a problem so we can fix it.
Cheers! Btw loving this site! I'm just starting out brewing and finding it amazingly useful. Keep up the great work guys

Cheers! Btw loving this site! I'm just starting out brewing and finding it amazingly useful. Keep up the great work guys

We have a fix up on beta now- can I have a link to the recipe/brew session so that I can check it out now?
or if you would like to check it out, the site is beta.brewersfriend.com

I experience the same thing on a recent brew the chart is reading april 11- april 7 when i reversed the dates on my steps it looks correct but obviously i didn't take a sample reading before i completed the mash..lol

I experience the same thing on a recent brew the chart is reading april 11- april 7 when i reversed the dates on my steps it looks correct but obviously i didn't take a sample reading before i completed the mash..lol

We're going to be releasing the fix shortly- it's on beta if you want to check it out. But it should be finished and out momentarily.

Is this some of the same thing that happens if you have a late addition in the fermenter. With my iSpindel in there, the SG is increasing when adding sugar (or fruit) as it should. But at the same time ABV is decreasing? The right thing would of course be that ABV just "stops" and then keep going up.

Is this some of the same thing that happens if you have a late addition in the fermenter. With my iSpindel in there, the SG is increasing when adding sugar (or fruit) as it should. But at the same time ABV is decreasing? The right thing would of course be that ABV just "stops" and then keep going up.
Thanks for reaching out, this is a separate issue but we're working on an update to account for as soon as possible.

Back