Oktoberfest competition

I have a Marzen (no umlaut on the tablet) that I brewed in March. Thought I'd give it a go with that one. Not sure when the competition opens but I'll be done living the dream in Atlanta Friday so I can get my entries in.

Methinks the competition should be open to any good Bavarian lager - I have a killer Helles and another of my Schwarzbiers just about ready to enjoy....

And love that picture of the lovely Lyssa - those six masses of beer must outweigh her!

Ive got a Helles as well. I can sure taste the pilsner malt. Not quite as "toasty malty" as I would like. But still good.

You guys really make me want to brew my first Lager this year.

skeevystoner said:
You guys really make me want to brew my first Lager this year.

Its not any more work once you get a precise temperature control environment. The only tough part is the extra time. Worth the wait though.

I put mine in. Judging is this afternoon. Looking forward to a stein of Docktoberfest....

I didn't bring any metal home this year, but I did get a Honorable Mention. Wherever that means. Kind of like kissing your sister.

I didn't even get that.... :-(

Dude you know my wife, you don't know my sister. Which do you think I'd kiss, given one has at least a bit of a family resemblance?

Back