Brew Session deduction of hop inventory is suspect

Grey Cat Brewing

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
I may be late to the party on this, but I definitely utilize the inventory deduction when I start a brew session. Doing 20+ batches a year I have a lot of stuff and it's a pain to keep track of, so this feature is super helpful in my process.

I have a recipe with 2 hop additions, one at 60 min and one at 5 min (see first image) I don't always have the same hop AA% available, so I tend to use up what I have and enter it as separate lines in the recipe. As you can see, I have three Styrian Goldings with different AAs. They are in my inventory as that so I need to make sure they come out of inventory, as well.

When I start the brew session, I get the result of the second image. It tries to deduct the entire 3.4 ounces of Styrian Goldings from ONE of the inventory items (in this case the 2.6% AA, it's the first one in the list.. makes sense why it chooses that one)

I'd be surprised to see that I'm the only one that has seen this (not really!) but also if I was doing something the wrong way.

Any ideas?

Ross
GCB

Attachments

• BF-HopsInventory1.png
    BF-HopsInventory1.png
    12.9 KB · Views: 100
  • BF-HopsInventory2.png
    BF-HopsInventory2.png
    5.3 KB · Views: 80
Good catch!

Inventory deductions should match the entire inventory properties, looking for all unique instances of Styrian Golding. Whether that's different AA's, years, type, etc.

Submitting a request to improve the inventory deduction accordingly.

Back