How is everyone doing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
More cases today in the USA than in all but 7 other countries total to date. I don't have an issue with the Donald prohibiting export of medical supplies to Canada. You have to look after the home front.

I keep hearing that here in the US, that 80% who get the covid, have a mild case with no real complications. I wonder about the other 20% because the numbers of death now and expected coming up are staggering. It's almost like you barely get it...or you die...

Gov. Wolf here in Pennsylvania shut down the whole state the other day, my county as one of the few that were open, we were, WERE the hole in the covid doughnut but now the whole state is on restriction, Nearby Gettysburg is putting a curfew in place and Adams County doubled it's cases in 2 days from 9 to 18 cases.

Hang tough Brewers and wash your hands!

I keep hearing that here in the US, that 80% who get the covid, have a mild case with no real complications. I wonder about the other 20% because the numbers of death now and expected coming up are staggering. It's almost like you barely get it...or you die...
That is a bingo TW, the ratio of recoveries to fatalities currently, world wide, is exactly that.

More cases today in the USA than in all but 7 other countries total to date. I don't have an issue with the Donald prohibiting export of medical supplies to Canada. You have to look after the home front.

I just wish we were doing that! The US is so f'd right now. Extreme politics, willful ignorance, gross incompetence and shameful profiteering have made this disaster so very much worse than it might have been! Now I'm going to violate a cardinal rule and post while angry. I apologize if I offend anyone.

A glimer of hope here in Aus just maybe just were starting to bend the infection curve!
Man i feel for you all overseas the beauty of living on the largest Island helps keep things isolated

These numbers are staggering
Screenshot_20200404-130621_Word.jpg

Gee stay safe fellow brewers

Checking in as well....
All fine here. Some reported cases so far, but probably hugely underestimated due to lack of testing (kit).
I closed my lodge end December and moved upstream in March. I'm far awsy from any urban area, pretty happy about that.
Social distancing is difficult here in general. People live close together.
Pretty happy in my tent on the river, for me and my 2 boys (Jack Russel's).
No power....
Ordered a solar freezer, as we are not yet in lockdown. Warm beer is not nice....
No beer making for me till I got myself a house and proper solar system in place
By the way, we still got plenty toilet paper in the shops.
Stay safe everyone!

A glimer of hope here in Aus just maybe just were starting to bend the infection curve!

Hey Ben....what are the local Docs there saying about any expectation for the CV19 virus to pop up again as your winter in the southern hemisphere comes on and the usual flu season makes itself know? I know that the typical pattern for coming up with flu shots here in the USA is based on what is showing up in the southern continents last year.

Hey Ben....what are the local Docs there saying about any expectation for the CV19 virus to pop up again as your winter in the southern hemisphere comes on and the usual flu season makes itself know? I know that the typical pattern for coming up with flu shots here in the USA is based on what is showing up in the southern continents last year.
Not sure there ward havnt really looked into it.
Tell you the truth some days ill glean what i need to know for the day and then switch it off otherwise it can become a bit overwhelming and depressing lol.
Im sure as the flu cases rise it may weaken some peoples immune system for the covid to take hold and possibly Finnish more healthy people off but that is just my speculation there Ward and not fact.

Time will tell eh;)

m sure as the flu cases rise it may weaken some peoples immune system for the covid to take hold and possibly Finnish more healthy people off but that is just my speculation there Ward and not fact.

Pretty much what I figured....and yes, it can get overwhelming...I spent the day outside doing yard work, did a little chicken on the barbi and now I'm multitasking with this and watching a Doris Day movie with Wifey!

Except the supplies to make those masks come from Canada, so if he wants to start a fight this is going to make things a lot worse.

Except the supplies to make those masks come from Canada, so if he wants to start a fight this is going to make things a lot worse.
No kidding, I guess he forgets about Newfoundland allowing some 200+ planes to land on 9/11 because they were considered a potential risk to the US. Didn't just let the planes land, the Newfs took them all into their homes fed and cared for them.

Children behave better in the sandbox than the Donald does in public.

I have a profound loathing for the man, not as much as for Kenney or Ford but that is because they are directly hurting Canadians.

Glad to hear the view from outside. We in Colorado are not getting the supplies we need because our Governor does not suck up to the Orange One. Meanwhile, Florida gets more than they ask for.

Glad to hear the view from outside. We in Colorado are not getting the supplies we need because our Governor does not suck up to the Orange One. Meanwhile, Florida gets more than they ask for.

I've been reading about that. That's the sort of thing that should have someone tarred and feathered.

The man's done a fine job, and better than any other president in recent years. Bout time we got someone in there not afraid to ruffle some feathers. I can't wait to vote him in for another 4!

I focus way less on the individual and more on the policies. Our liberty in the US has eroded significantly since Woodrow Wilson and I’m getting fed up with the growing nanny state.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back