Spent grain baking

Vallka

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Also made cookies from yesterday’s brew session, as well as bread and dog treats. Cookie pic only.
9612B42C-99B4-497E-A79D-19682E28C1FD.jpeg

My last brew day was our compostables pick up day. It was still pretty hot when they took it away!

Our dog loves! these treats

What kind of SBG to flour ratio did you use. 1: 2 or something less?? I got a killer waffle recipe that uses a 1:1 if you want it. I double up the recipe when I make them and freeze a bunch

What kind of SBG to flour ratio did you use. 1: 2 or something less?? I got a killer waffle recipe that uses a 1:1 if you want it. I double up the recipe when I make them and freeze a bunch
I don’t really recall but I think it was the same. Would love the waffle recipe. You can post or email troy007@gmail.com

Here ya go ...you may need to do some 'Merican to Metric conversion and the only thing I would caution on is to push as much liquid out of the spent mash as you can or you you're gonna be adding a bunch of extra flour to get the right consistency

3 eggs whisked into 1 1/2 cup of milk, you can add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for a tang of sour like fake buttermilk
fold in a cup of SBG and a cup of flour, 1 teaspoon of soda, 3 heaping teaspoons of baking powder, a 1/2 tea of salt then a 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. I let the mix sit for about 15 minutes to firm up while the iron heats up.

Last edited:
Here ya go ...you may need to do some 'Merican to Metric conversion and the only thing I would caution on is to push as much liquid out of the spent mash as you can or you you're gonna be adding a bunch of extra flour to get the right consistency

3 eggs whisked into 1 1/2 cup of milk, you can add a tablespoon of apple cider vinegar for a tang of sour like fake buttermilk
fold in a cup of SBG and a cup of flour, 1 teaspoon of soda, 3 heaping teaspoons of baking powder, a 1/2 tea of salt the a 1/2 cup of vegetable oil. I let the mix sit for about 15 minutes to firm up while the iron heats up.
Thank you very much, will be making these next brew day, Tue.

Cool...lemme know how it goes...and of course ya gotta put some of that Pure Canadian Maple Syrup on them....personally I like to put a sunny side up egg on top THEN the syrup!

Back