Show Us Your Opener

Hey! I forgot about these two beauties I saw in Alaska....These were pretty cool and would have looked good out on the deck! Oh well..20 20 ain't just the year!

20200312_180858.jpeg

I found this little blast from the past in the back of a drawer the other day...another one leaving me scratching my head...I don't remember you....where the hell did this come from? Well I think Vermont......with a pedigree no less! That stamping on the inside is a PATENT Date and a Manufacturer! This little guy was patented! And the Ed Lund Co. is still getting it done! https://www.edlundco.com/about-us/

20200507_164338.jpeg

I found this little blast from the past in the back of a drawer the other day...another one leaving me scratching my head...I don't remember you....where the hell did this come from? Well I think Vermont......with a pedigree no less! That stamping on the inside is a PATENT Date and a Manufacturer! This little guy was patented! And the Ed Lund Co. is still getting it done! https://www.edlundco.com/about-us/

View attachment 9985
Very cool!

Twist off wine caps are becoming quite the thing these days.
Cork always has a small number where they age much more quickly or slowly than most. Twist tops provide much more control. Then there's cost and environmental benefits.

Cork always has a small number where they age much more quickly or slowly than most. Twist tops provide much more control. Then there's cost and environmental benefits.
My father in law used to work at Adelaida Winery in Central California. Over the years, he brought home hundreds of bottles. My wife and I have received many of those bottles over the years, all sealed with cork. It is amazing how many of those corks failed. Insert corkscrew, twist it down and pull. Half of the cork comes out, the other half left behind in the bottle, only to crumble with further attempts to remove it. Wine is still good, it just requires a strainer to remove bits of broken cork.

My father in law used to work at Adelaida Winery in Central California. Over the years, he brought home hundreds of bottles. My wife and I have received many of those bottles over the years, all sealed with cork. It is amazing how many of those corks failed. Insert corkscrew, twist it down and pull. Half of the cork comes out, the other half left behind in the bottle, only to crumble with further attempts to remove it. Wine is still good, it just requires a strainer to remove bits of broken cork.

Do you strain your corn flakes to get all the milk?
Cork floaters is just another name for roughage! ;)

Yep, and stirring sticks too.

Back