Bread Thread!

Put this guy together today. Cabin fever: made a whole wheat loaf using EC1118 wine yeast. Cheated and used the bread machine to make the dough.
20200327_172222.jpg

Not sourdough but if COVID-19 isolation continues much longer, I'll be growing a starter before long.

Put this guy together today. Cabin fever: made a whole wheat loaf using EC1118 wine yeast. Cheated and used the bread machine to make the dough.
View attachment 9196
Not sourdough but if COVID-19 isolation continues much longer, I'll be growing a starter before long.
That's a beaut!

Going to bake some sourdough hamburger rolls Sunday or Monday and then try out the Traeger griddle and smash burger press the wife got me for an early birthday gift. Been starving for a smash burger.

View attachment 9196
Love how its split and made that intricate pattern ontop. I've got two to bake this eve will flick some pics when bake is done.

Working on hamburger buns with the granddaughter. Grandson is helping SWAMBO make face masks.

Here are our whole-wheat (33%) hamburger buns. Grill is not yet warm.View attachment 9211

Nice burger buns. Took my starter out of the fridge to warm up and will be feeding it this afternoon and tomorrow morning. Hamburger buns for some smash burgers on the menu sometime earlier in the week.

anyone having trouble buying flour, I keep getting currently unavailable online and sold out in my store

Had the same problem a couple weeks ago. Walmart here reduced their hours and now has senior hour at 6AM, before opening to everyone else at 7. We went for the first senior hour last Tues. and they had plenty of flour. Not a big selection, but I picked up 10 lbs. of unbleached AP. They also put limits on some of the much hoarded items. Overall, the shelves were pretty well stocked, but in many cases, selection was limited.

Flour and yeast are very scarce. For awhile there you'd get lucky, but now the media has jumped on it being hard to come by so it's gone the way of toilet paper. People freaking out and panic buying.

Back