Fun with Isolation

... Also gonna try out another pizza dough using sourdough levain since yeast is hard to come by and I want to hang on to what we have. It's a fermented dough that takes a good two days.
I have made our pizza dough a few times now with some of our sourdough starter but also been adding a really small amount of yeast as well, so looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

... Also gonna try out another pizza dough using sourdough levain since yeast is hard to come by and I want to hang on to what we have. It's a fermented dough that takes a good two days.
I have made our pizza dough a few times now with some of our sourdough starter but also been adding a really small amount of yeast as well, so looking forward to seeing how this pans out.

The batch of pizza dough I made up last week used starter discard and a bit of dry yeast. (recipe below) Made for a nice thin crust. Wife buys bakers yeast in bulk, so no danger of running out any time soon

Yeast.jpg

Attachments

• Sourdough Pizza Dough.pdf
    384 KB · Views: 112
Or any other source. The older and wiser among us have learned to use several sources and then use common sense to separate the fly $hit from the pepper in the salt.
Amen, brother.

On a more positive note...We're collecting enough eggs from our chickens to help keep us in supply. We've been somewhat neglectful collecting them the way we should be so this helps get us back on track. I'm going to tear down an old coop later today to help pass some time and get some other predator proofing down on another coop.
I need to do the same with the garden. Darn rabbits get in and eat like kings.

Pretty pumped right now. Just got a call and looks like I get to go to work for a few hours. I'll be all alone but I get to break out the work van and some tools! Never thought I would be so happy to get called in!

Or any other source. The older and wiser among us have learned to use several sources and then use common sense to separate the fly $hit from the pepper in the salt.
Well said. “News” including Fox, has always sensationalized for ratings, but the cheerleading of late requires us to turn up our BS filter.

Better we talk about beer, not politics.

My buddies and I get together every Wednesday night.
For the last 15 years the only thing that gets in the way are Christmas and New Years.
If it is your Anniversary, or your Wife's birthday, we understand that you will be a little late arriving, but you are still expected to show.
Last night we connected from our homes virtually via messenger video call, it was just like the real thing!
We talked, and talked for hours, enjoyed some beer together, a dram of the single malt, and a cigar or two.
It was therapuetic:D

Nice, we were messing around with Drawful last night and my "friends" are cheaters! It was disgraceful!

My wife and I miss going to our local gastropubs and restaurants. There are many friendships likely lost, as many of those young bartenders and servers won’t be returning to their old jobs. However, we are getting in shape, walking on average 6+ miles every day in our hilly suburban community. We are cooking all of the meals that we eat, and we both love to cook. I should focus on trying to brew as much as I can, in my small batch (1.5 gallon) fashion. We have been keeping more good booze in the house than ever before, and stocking up on staples like pasta and flour. It felt like a small victory today, when at the local Target we were able to secure a roll of paper towels. Our local Trader Joe’s shelves were fuller today than we’ve seen for weeks.
At this moment, I’m cooking my famous meat sauce (that is one of the nicknames given me by an old friend), to go over some whole wheat spaghetti.

Today and tomorrow supposed to get into the low 60s, so will finally get some yard work done. Still need to finish the big shade tree out front and clear one of the garden plots out back. Just been sitting out the cold and windy weather. Plan on getting some sourdough burger buns made today and, hopefully, find a decent piece of beef to grind for smash burgers when I go grocery shopping tomorrow.

For my birthday on Saturday I was surprised with a virtual birthday dinner. There were 6 of us at home and 10 others joined via video call. We all ate together, and talked over each other, it was just like we were all together. I had no idea what was happening until we sat down to eat.
This was the invite
IMG_8896.jpg

Back