My other hobby . . .

Doing up a batch of high fiber, whole wheat sourdough bread - that's our name for it. The recipe was designed for our granddaughter, who has, let's say, a few problems with the "go". She calls it poop bread.
Yep any rye in there nothing like keeping regular :p!

No rye but lots of whole wheat flour, bran (both oat and wheat) and multi-grain cooked cereal.
What sorta loaf you bake nosey? I used to shape mine into a round loaf. i found i could pop it into a colander lined with a floured cloath for rising. And man can remember the pizza i used to make with it for some reason toasted sour dough is super crunchy perfect for pizza.

What sorta loaf you bake nosey? I used to shape mine into a round loaf. i found i could pop it into a colander lined with a floured cloath for rising. And man can remember the pizza i used to make with it for some reason toasted sour dough is super crunchy perfect for pizza.
I do a rustic hearth-baked loaf and some in loaf pans. And sourdough pizza dough is indeed da bomb.

I like the homemade yogurt. Costs as much as milk. I use a culture I get on line and it is much better than putting a couple of tbs of store bought. I like it a bit sour.

• Gallon of whole milk bring to 180 degrees and hold there for 20 minutes
  • chill milk down in a water bath to 110f
  • pour into gallon jar add 1/8 tsp of culture
  • screw on lid - place in sous-vide bath at 110
  • go to bed
  • wake up with yougurt

I strain it in a nylon straining bag usually (but not always).

The only gadget is the sous vide which I use for other things and it fits in a drawer.

We used to make yogurt all the time. Not really sure why we stopped? We put our mason jars in a pre-warmed cooler wrapped with a towel or blanket overnight. Works great!

You guys have such great hobbies. I like painting. And I'm thinking about trying myself.

Brewing? Or painting? My mom paints and is I guess semi pro in that she does showings and whatnot. I can kind of paint a stick, if it doesn't have to be straight.

On my end, finally got the front end of my motorbike back together after doing the fork seals. The first fork took 2 of us over an hour, with a lot of youtube, the second fork took 15? minutes. Man I made that into a way bigger problem in my head.

I know this is way back in March of this year, but I just found it this morning.
But my first interest was photography. I also have many more interests that I am active in, mainly to keep the brain from turning to mush!
Here is one of my favorite pictures that I shot in Myrtle Beach, SC.

2nd Avenue Pier.jpg

Sunrise at the 2nd Avenue Pier

Enjoy

I know this is way back in March of this year, but I just found it this morning.
But my first interest was photography. I also have many more interests that I am active in, mainly to keep the brain from turning to mush!
Here is one of my favorite pictures that I shot in Myrtle Beach, SC.

View attachment 12090
Sunrise at the 2nd Avenue Pier

Enjoy
I hope you were on your way to a golf course being up that early!:D

When I am finally able to get my workshop set up, I'll get to work on my backlog of clocks.
I am very fond of weight driven mechanical clocks. Like these bad boys!

W.German Cuckoo Clock.JPG

This is in need of a bellows overhaul.

Zaansee Clock.JPG

This is a true Dutch Zannsee clock.
This one just needs to be disassembled, cleaned and oiled.
A birthday gift for my Dutch Lady.

The cuckoo clock looks just like one mu Aunt sent over when she was in Germany. Black Forest?

Back