Recipe with my stock

BrewerMichel

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi!

Off work next couple of days and no brew shop open so might clean out the stock. I have a couple of things laying around but don't really know how to pick the right recipe.

Preferably I want to use my light DME in combo with some steeping grains. Can't mill my grains because of corona reasons (I do have a rolling pin).
So, does anybody have a recipe of their own or could you suggest a styles that are possible with this stock in general:

Malts:
DME light and DME dark
chocolate malt
special B
pilsner
crystal
vienna
oats and wheat

Yeasties:
US-05
Safale BE 134 (saison)
Tripel M31
Saison M29
Belgian Abbey M47
Czech (lager)
Belgian Monks Ale

Many thanks!

WAAAYYYY too many possibilities! Can we start with a general direction?

WAAAYYYY too many possibilities! Can we start with a general direction?
Mabe something stronger, Belgian strong blond? Or abbey/dubbel/tripel. Last brew was an IPA and a hoppy saison so maybe not too hop forward this time. Quick and simple is key. Still early days in my brewing carreer. Maybe even a SMASH with light DME, never tried it?

Forgot hops:
Amarillo, willamette, centennial, barbe rouge
No noble hops though

Last edited:
You can get one of those from that list. Pilsner base, some Special B, make up some invert syrup using table sugar and some acid. Either the Centennial and Amarillo or the Willamette, the Belgian yeast.

I'm thinking Belgian Imperal Stout! Might have a little citrus chocolate flare to it.

Light and Dark DME
Pilsner
Chocolate
Oats or wheat for mouthfeel and head retention

amarillo for the bittering and maybe the aroma hops

Belgian Abby M47

I'm thinking Belgian Imperal Stout! Might have a little citrus chocolate flare to it.

Light and Dark DME
Pilsner
Chocolate
Oats or wheat for mouthfeel and head retention

amarillo for the bittering and maybe the aroma hops

Belgian Abby M47
I'd give it a touch of crystal malt for some sweetness maybe 3-400g you could mix match your crystal and special B like 300g crystal 100g special B

Back