Show us your boil

Barefoot brewing - is that safe?
Good spotting:D
Sometimes it gets a little tingley I sware it earths through me sometimes thongs keeps the feet clear though if I remember them.

Today's brew is boiling a blonde wort plenty of break on this one
20200223_150728.jpg

Thongs (yeah I know, down here we call them thongs) until after the mash. That's safety first.

Good spotting:D
Sometimes it gets a little tingley I sware it earths through me sometimes thongs keeps the feet clear though if I remember them.

Today's brew is boiling a blonde wort plenty of break on this oneView attachment 8868

Don't you use a GFCI circuit for your element(s)?

I rely on the house circuit breaker so no breaker directly on each element but one at the circuit box for the house
Ben, are you 110V, or 220V? Either way I think it would be wise to have a GFI on that circuit. If you are plugging into an outdoor duplex, it should be a GFI anyways. If it is not a GFI outlet, they are relatively cheap, and easy to change out.

I rely on the house circuit breaker so no breaker directly on each element but one at the circuit box for the house

Building code in Australia requires GFCI on any outlet and lighting circuit, but not sure when that went into effect. Depending on the age of your house, you may or may not have this protection.

just after boil over, few days ago
Dang!
I have been fortunate enough to have not had a boil over to date. I figure it will happen one of these times.

Back