27 gal Conical fermentation of IPAs

Cntyview brew

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hey brewers, need a little help, I brew 15 gals via all electric HERMs system. I charge my conical with C02 and always do a closed transfer to my conical after late additions of hops even down to 170 degrees. After cooling aerate and pitch in the yeast in 2 then day 5 days I purge co2 and add first/ second addition hops in a bag to limit hop trub in yeast after fluctuation. Trouble is no hop aroma or flavor, any ideas to better my IPAs?
Many thanks
Dave

Could be hops in bag arnt getting enough contact with the beer to infuse flavour. I hear brewers who dry hop in the bag add weight to the bag so it's submerged.
Could also be dry hop amounts just arnt enough but you'd expect some hop flavour even from small amounts.

Could be hops in bag arnt getting enough contact with the beer to infuse flavour. I hear brewers who dry hop in the bag add weight to the bag so it's submerged.
Could also be dry hop amounts just arnt enough but you'd expect some hop flavour even from small amounts.
Ok thanks but they are submerged both 2 and 5 day, before another closed transfer to keg I squeezed the bags out, then cold crash so guess I’ll sacrifice the yeast ferment without the bag

When I do IPAs in a conical and want to save the yeast, I'll do big whirlpool additions and then wait until after yeast drop for dry-hopping. Recently I did a keg-hop with Citra Cryo and that was pretty great. Both those methods should help you along.

Back