Snooker players?

GernBlanston

Trial Member
Reaction score
Not exactly a brewing topic, but I was wondering if there were any snooker players in the BF community. I am currently setting up a 10 foot Gandy in the basement. As this will double as a brewing room I guess it is appropriate.

Wow! I thought at least some of you U.K brewers played stick. I guess I'm alone.

I *have* played snooker....once...in NZ....and yes, it was in the home of a pom. :lol:

8 ball is alright, but snooker is a gentleman's game of old. Different mind set.

Table is up and functional. Within five feet of the kegerator. No need to leave the basement.

Attachments

• IMG_6611 (640x427).jpg
    IMG_6611 (640x427).jpg
    64.5 KB · Views: 1,970
  • IMG_6561 (1024x683).jpg
    IMG_6561 (1024x683).jpg
    69.4 KB · Views: 1,919
Played in a double elimination tournament this weekend of ten ball snooker, and won the whole thing with only one lost frame. I refrained from beer consumption until the last frame, and then went on to win a 200 point English billiards match. Nice. The prize was free pizza.

GernBlanston said:
8 ball is alright, but snooker is a gentleman's game of old. Different mind set.
I have only played snooker once, but it was at an "old"er english expat's place in New Zealand. Definitely an entirely different mindset.
Similar (though not nearly as extreme) to his fascination with test match cricket vs our baseball.... :?

GernBlanston said:
I refrained from beer consumption until the last frame
This quote perfectly demonstrates the difference between bowling and....well.....most other games. :D

Back