Imperial Yeast A38 Juice

Over The Cliff Brewing

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Hey folks,

Anyone have any experience using this yeast? Also, anyone make a starter with it? From the company sponsored write up, it is potent as far as fermentation and just wondering if making a stater would be too much in a 5 gallon batch.

Hey folks,

Anyone have any experience using this yeast? Also, anyone make a starter with it? From the company sponsored write up, it is potent as far as fermentation and just wondering if making a stater would be too much in a 5 gallon batch.
No expierince with the yeast in question but Imperial do 200billion cell yeast pitches so you should be good to go straight out the gates.

What I'd do is pitch your yeast satchet into your wort and save a bit of wort from that brew days batch and just squeeze what's left in your yeast satchet into your starter wort for next brew.

Might need to step that again before next batch :rolleyes:

No expierince with the yeast in question but Imperial do 200billion cell yeast pitches so you should be good to go straight out the gates.

What I'd do is pitch your yeast satchet into your wort and save a bit of wort from that brew days batch and just squeeze what's left in your yeast satchet into your starter wort for next brew.

Might need to step that again before next batch :rolleyes:

How long would that last in the fridge?

How long would that last in the fridge?
Not one hundred percent sure but is say anywhere around the six month Mark.
Even for yeast that are sitting in my fridge for 2months I'll spin up a starter before commiting it to some wort.

Back