Brewtan B/Tannic acid

We can add them to the software if we have enough information on it, or you can also add it as a ‘custom’ additive if you would like.

Seems like the Brewtan B thing never really took off (from what I can tell) here in the states. About 11/2-2 yrs ago there seemed to be a push but it just kind of fizzled out.

Most of the discussions I've heard talk about possibly helping with oxidation and preserving qualities.

Makes sense - tannins are antioxidants. I might see if I can get my hands on some and try it out. Being tannins, though, I'm wondering if they wouldn't be astringent - might be masked in dark beers but the light ones, well, we'll see....

I know the LoDo brewers use it- I’ve never tried it. I think it would make a huge difference in lagers and NE IPAs, though.

I just used it in a Helles but likely the effect will get lost in the effects of using my new system. I don't see any need of adding any special math, just add it to the "other ingredients" dropdown. You add it to the mash and to the boil in slightly differing concentrations, but I've never noticed a problem with duplication of ingredients in the list.

Back