Uploading files

MFTIC

Trial Member
Reaction score
I'm sure this has been asked before, but I've had enough to drink I can't find anything. Isn't there a way to automatically size a picture to work on the forum? I hate having to double or triple step it to work.

Agreed. Huge pain in the ass on this sight. With most of the photo hosting websites now being complete garbage, and guessing most people taking pic with their smartphone, pic size limits should be increased. The max size now is way to small.
I think if nothing else, it would be a nice perk for supporting members.

I know wordpress has a built in script that resizes photos and creates several different copies with different sizes every time something is uploaded so it does exist but it could be a very big script or function that cost money for a paid for forum like this

I think it's all wasted breath. The picture size restraints/complaints never go anywhere on this site. Free software based forum sites can insert script easily enough to allow different pic sizes, I'm sure with the capabilities some of the devs have on this site, it wouldn't be that big of a deal to accomplish.

In the meantime, for iPhone users, since I do 90% of daily computing on a iPhone rather than the desktop or laptop, I downloaded “Polarr” from the App Store. You can open up the photo and save it quickly and easily to the size you want.

I email myself pics from my Android phone, open them in my PC email, save to the desktop and upload from there without a problem. Takes less than 2 minutes for the whole process. I used to have a problem once in awhile with size, but now I just select the small size when attaching to the email and they work fine here.

On I phone Galaxy which I use most often browsing this site I just use the picture resizer that comes with the phone. I just crop the picture untill below 1MB sorted. But agree It can be a pain in the arse on some pics where you want more detail with a more close up picture that results in more MB.

My phone is android, I have an app called F-Stop it takes like 15 seconds to crop and resize a photo. I guess it would be convenient for BF to automatically resize uploads, but I am happy the way it is.

For those of you who wanted to not have to use a resizer, I think we've got it fixed!
Please try it and let me know if it works for you.
I'm going to post some random photos in the photos area, to see how it's working.

IMG_20190420_120054829_HDR.jpg

this is 3024 x 4042 and it worked 3.5 mb

Took this selfie sitting at a stop light on my way home from lunch. Used the camera on my Samsung. It uploads fine but it didn't give me an option to show the picture.

Attachments

• 15559610152605716690868345569641.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 131
Uploaded from an existing picture on my camera. Our walnut orchard south of red bluff.

20190414_184646.jpg

Back