More California fire

ChicoBrewer

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
The town of Paradise in the foothills above Chico has burned. The entire town is gone. 25,000 residents. The flames are on the Eastern edge of Chico. The hospital in paradise burned and all of the patients were evacuated to the hospital in Chico where I work. I am manning the incident command center tonight. It's really bad here and the fire is zero contained. Scary shit

My thoughts are with you Chico. Hope it goes well for you.

This is terrible news, thoughts and prayers to this affected, sure makes mash pH and efficiency seem pretty trivial.

sorry to hear that, I hope you will be safe and good luck with your task helping

The town of Paradise in the foothills above Chico has burned. The entire town is gone. 25,000 residents. The flames are on the Eastern edge of Chico. The hospital in paradise burned and all of the patients were evacuated to the hospital in Chico where I work. I am manning the incident command center tonight. It's really bad here and the fire is zero contained. Scary shit
Be safe. Property can be replaced.

This says it all. The fire started fifteen miles east of paradise at 0630. By 8am the town was engulfed in flames. The wind blew burning embers through the air and they fell out of the sky like rain. Wind blowing from the east (right). I'll be back in the command center tonight.

6MHDL2THFJDYRBK2Q3DPVDD36I.jpg

Last edited:
looks like the wind is blowing towards the coast, is that usual? when I lived in Texas it always blew inland

IMG_20181109_145205.jpg
It is not usual. The wind normally blows from the south west. Here is a strangely beautiful satellite picture from noaa Twitter feed. The fire started in the feather river canyon which can serves as a wind tunnel.

It's on the news right now. Not good at all.

Here in western Montana we are surrounded by fire every summer. However what you are experiencing is worst case scenario. Play safe, houses and towns can be rebuilt. Take care of each other. We will all help as best we can.

Having lived in the Motherlode for close to 20 years and having fire crews staged on our property when the flames were licking at our small town, I can only pray for those in the path of wildfires. Sometimes that's the only thing that works. As has already been said, property can be replaced. We pray for the people.

It's the sky glowing from the fire in the Sierra Cascade mountains to the east of Chico.

Woah that is some scary stuff!:eek:
You are a brave man hanging around to help out! I'll drink to your safety.

Holy shit. That's awful. I remember the Ft MacMurray fire here and how bad that was, we got lucky in the the fire burned away from the city for the most part. Be safe, good luck.

Chico....how's it going out there? All I keep hearing about is how the rain is now making things worse.... Cadaver dogs losing the scent and the threat of mud slides. I also heard about how other independent breweries are putting together something through SV with their plant there. What's the latest from your feet on the ground view?

It's not so frantic. As for the rain it's a tradeoff. I'd say it's a blessing. If it had come 4 weeks earlier we would not have had a fire. The rain has killed the fire and the smoke which was terrible. No mud slides and the rain has stopped until mid week. You can get good updates from Cal Fire twitter feed. Take a look at the incident report. Nearly 14,000 residences destroyed. Think about that for a second. It's an entire town.

Please let Cadet Bone Spurs know that this fire was caused by drought and not by the previous administration.

Back