Recipe won't load when I try to edit.

Nik Volkert

Trial Member
Reaction score
I can view my recipes, but when I try to edit one it won't load the website correctly, it just says loading awesome recipe and spins it's wheels.

I'm assuming it's a problem on my computer, but can't figure out what I need to update.

I'm using updated Chrome.

I'm having the same problem. I have cleared my cache files on Chrome and rebooted my computer but still no luck.

I just noticed that it's only that way for two of my recipes. The others work fine. That makes me think that it's probably not my computer, but something in the site has a glitch.

I experience the same issue with all recipes, so it's definitely from the website.

Can somebody look into it?

I know changes have been made or maybe there are still in progress?

I also found other recipes working and some not when it came to editing. Strange.

I too am having this problem. 3 of 14 recipes get stuck on "loading". 2 of those three were recently edited. This one https://www.brewersfriend.com/homebrew/recipe/view/627817/classic-irish-red-ale gets stuck but hasn't been touched in a long time.

I am using IOS 10 iPad Safari. I have the same problem with the same recipes using Firefox 12.1 on the same iPad. I tried Firefox on my win7 laptop and have the same problem. I will post the console errors I see in another note.

The issue has now been going on for 2 days. None of the recipes can be open and edited. Once you hit Edit, it will show the recipe page with the Loading animation and will stay so indefinitely.

Hi,

I am having the same problem here. Cannot edit my recipes, I only see the "Loading awesome recipe" animation.

Hello, having the same problem here. Any update from dev?

I've got this problem too. Plus my IBUs on the recipes I can open are all showing as 0

We've just now deployed a fix. Try again, and if it's still acting up, please let me know on this thread. As far as the IBUs showing 0- that sounds like a different issue. Can you give us a screenshot here, if it is still happening?

We've just now deployed a fix. Try again, and if it's still acting up, please let me know on this thread. As far as the IBUs showing 0- that sounds like a different issue. Can you give us a screenshot here, if it is still happening?
Untitled-1.jpg

have you tried taking out the decimal ? .04 grams is practically nothing anyway

oh I see the problem it's the scale uti, set it to 100% or lower

so here is the issue these values are not posted in the blank, they are suggested values and still need to be filled out, I think the text is too dark and fooling people but when you save the recipe it will record 0 if you don't fill it out

Opera Snapshot_2018-08-01_110956_www.brewersfriend.com.png

It's been rolled back, so it should be fixed now. Please let me know if anyone has continuing problems and we'll fix right away!

Today I can edit again but I can't save Mash temperatures this time. Is said saved but disappear in the view :-(

Last edited:

Back