Recipe Editor->Brewing 25+ litres with 20 litre Braumeister

MadBadgerBrewery

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi all,

I brew in a Braumeister 20 litre but tend to brew strong such that I can dilute into the fermentor up to 25+ litres.

That allows me to put 18-19 litres into a corny and bottle some.
Anyone do similar?
Anyone know if what I am doing will work?
Anyone know if what I am doing will have side effects?

To do this I set the following in the recipe editor:

Batch Size : 26 litres (Target : Fermentor)
Estimated Boil Size : 22 litres

Once cooled I measure the gravity and add boiled water down to the target OG.

The boil size reflects that a Braumeister can't cope with a small initial volume of water and hence after sparging there is usually more than 20 litres.

Thanks in advance,
Mike

nothing wrong with what your doing if your getting great results. i hear dilution can lower bitterness too but trial and error will help you figure it out.

nothing wrong with what your doing if your getting great results. i hear dilution can lower bitterness too but trial and error will help you figure it out.
Thanks for the reply.
In gravity terms it's always difficult to know if the calculation has not worked or if the efficiency of that particular brew is different to that entered but it's rarely far off.
What I was hoping to know was if the calcs, for bitterness for example, took into account the boil volume knowing that I must be diluting since the fermenter volume is higher than the boil volume.

Thanks for the reply.
In gravity terms it's always difficult to know if the calculation has not worked or if the efficiency of that particular brew is different to that entered but it's rarely far off.
What I was hoping to know was if the calcs, for bitterness for example, took into account the boil volume knowing that I must be diluting since the fermenter volume is higher than the boil volume.
im not sure but @Yooper should know how recipe calculatir is setup up for dilution and IBUs.

Back