Precision hydrometer,?40% than 40% to 80% and so on

Vallka

Premium Member
Established Member
Reaction score
Precision hydrometer,? I'm looking at getting a Percision hydrometer, I see some of them come in kits of three or more. They seem to be listed in ranges of 0% to 40% then 40% to 80% and so on. What range do I actually need

they break easy so I wouldn't get too picky, Ive broken about 3 just by accident for that reason I just by cheap

Buy a refractometer instead. They're easy to read to one degree of gravity, require tiny samples, are accurate and don't break easily. With the corrections for alcohol's refractive index, you can even use it once fermentation starts. I use the refractometer and sometimes a finishing hydrometer but more and more, I only use the refractometer.

Buy a refractometer instead. They're easy to read to one degree of gravity, require tiny samples, are accurate and don't break easily. With the corrections for alcohol's refractive index, you can even use it once fermentation starts. I use the refractometer and sometimes a finishing hydrometer but more and more, I only use the refractometer.
I have one, just got it few days ago, used it today to take a sample while dry hopping and will be checking out your spreadsheet later tonight.

Back