Pressure Ferment with HDPE Speidels???

So a little update on this. Last batch that I cold crashed in this fermenter I turned the pressure up to about 4PSI. Everything seemed fine, and I had no issues. Filled up the keg as per usual. When I took the piece of wood out that I use to tip the fermenter back, it wouldn't sit flat. The bottom was bowed out! It went back to its normal shape, and everything was fine, but in future I will put just the bare minimum of pressure when cold crashing, and won't be doing any more pressure experiments with my Speidels.

Whoa close one there Craigare!

Hey you can't get a hold of any bubble fermentors over there?

Keg King now have low pressure PRVs available for spunding options too now which are pretty cool.

I have two 30L Speidels, and I am very happy with them.
Turns out pressure fermenting is not an option with them, and that's okay with me.
I connect a guess line for cold crashing to keep O2 from entering, and this has worked fine at min pressure.

Yeah sounds like it would be an expensive experiment. I have mostly given up on cold crashing cause it's a hassle and I use steel cups these days so I can't see the clarity anyway.

Yeah sounds like it would be an expensive experiment. I have mostly given up on cold crashing cause it's a hassle and I use steel cups these days so I can't see the clarity anyway.
I figure that it is going to either drop out in cold crash, or in the keg. Cold crashing is a breeze with my setup, so I prefer to keep the sediment out of the keg.

If it's easy then why not. Mine is a pain in the ass to cold crash with so I just let the keg do the work.

Back