New taplist integration with Brewer's Friend

snails07

Trial Member
Reaction score
I have created a digital homebrew taplist, similar to Raspberry Pints except this is completely online and you can use on any device and any browser.

The site is https://tapitgood.com/

It will integrate with Brewer's Friend by syncing your last 12 months worth of recipe into TapitGood.
You can then select whichever recipes you want to display on your digital taplist.

You can also select whether the batch was kegged, bottled, canned etc so it is not purely for keggers.

Cheers!

brewers-friend-Integrations-TapitGood.png

Alright! I'll be checking this out for sure!

I have created a digital homebrew taplist, similar to Raspberry Pints except this is completely online and you can use on any device and any browser.

The site is https://tapitgood.com/

It will integrate with Brewer's Friend by syncing your last 12 months worth of recipe into TapitGood.
You can then select whichever recipes you want to display on your digital taplist.

You can also select whether the batch was kegged, bottled, canned etc so it is not purely for keggers.

Cheers!

brewers-friend-Integrations-TapitGood.png
We might need some instructions on how this all works... and how it links to Brewer's Friend... Right now, I'm struggling.:)

Okay, so I am playing around with it a bit and starting to get the hang of it - I think. I have at least linked it to Brewer's Friend!

- It imported my last 12 or so recipes... The only problem is I tend to create and tweak recipes pretty often SO - none of these recipes are ones I have on tap!
- Maybe it should import BREW SESSIONS instead...

Here's what I have so far... I'm learning!
NOTE: I'd like the ingredient box to be a bigger field to make it easier to type in (especially when you have to go back and forth from the recipe to the field)...
Pretty cool though!

upload_2020-8-23_23-1-27.png

Here's what I have so far... I'm learning!
NOTE: I'd like the ingredient box to be a bigger field to make it easier to type in (especially when you have to go back and forth from the recipe to the field)...
Pretty cool though!

View attachment 11556
So, what is a link I share with others so they can see what I have on tap? Do I just copy the link for my list page to share?

It's looking good Blackmuse.

Yes just copy the link for your list page - it is a public URL so anyone with the link can view it.

For the ingredients, I have now made this a bigger textarea so it will be easier to fill in and view the entire ingredients list.

I did look at importing brew sessions, but they didn't seem to contain any of the data such as ABV, FG and ingredients etc.
I could be wrong though and it could just have been an issue with my own brew sessions - which I rarely use. I tend to just use it more for recipe creation and not for brew sessions.
@Yooper perhaps you might have some insight here into which way would be best - open to all suggestions.

Also, there is a docs page here with some instructions - https://tapitgood.com/docs

It's looking good Blackmuse.

Yes just copy the link for your list page - it is a public URL so anyone with the link can view it.

For the ingredients, I have now made this a bigger textarea so it will be easier to fill in and view the entire ingredients list.

I did look at importing brew sessions, but they didn't seem to contain any of the data such as ABV, FG and ingredients etc.
I could be wrong though and it could just have been an issue with my own brew sessions - which I rarely use. I tend to just use it more for recipe creation and not for brew sessions.
@Yooper perhaps you might have some insight here into which way would be best - open to all suggestions.

Also, there is a docs page here with some instructions - https://tapitgood.com/docs
Ah, DOCS! I had found it once but then couldn't remember where it was (hard to believe! - it was late... lol) I had used the DOCS section to help me figure out how to "integrate" Brewer's Friend. Well, I just played around with it some more and got 4 beers all listed out!
upload_2020-8-24_8-4-1.png

I certainly like the idea!

@snails07 - Do you care if I make a short "How To video of what I have learned so far?"

BTW: Thanks for adjusting that ingredients field! WAY BETTER!

Last edited:
@snails07 - So, as other folks have probably noticed - I have a lot of time on my hands (on quarantine because I left the state...) so I decided to go ahead and make the video... Let me know what you think. I've added it to my Brewer's Friend Tutorial You Tube Channel for now but will take it down if you disapprove. @Yooper and @Pricelessbrewing - curious to know what you think too. I am not sure this would necessarily be something for the tutorials page as it is really mostly - outside of BF...

@snails07 - So, as other folks have probably noticed - I have a lot of time on my hands (on quarantine because I left the state...) so I decided to go ahead and make the video... Let me know what you think. I've added it to my Brewer's Friend Tutorial You Tube Channel for now but will take it down if you disapprove. @Yooper and @Pricelessbrewing - curious to know what you think too. I am not sure this would necessarily be something for the tutorials page as it is really mostly - outside of BF...

Hmmm, maybe it should be in the video tutorial section since you're using it with Brewer's Friend. Let me give this some thought.

Looks really cool @snails07!

I'll have to take a look at this when I get some spare time.

I don't think we currently export or have brew session info in our APIs at the moment, but ideally I think the best scenario would be to use an api to return all of the brew sessions that have a status of "ready to drink". @Yooper?

I don't think we currently export or have brew session info in our APIs at the moment, but ideally I think the best scenario would be to use an api to return all of the brew sessions that have a status of "ready to drink". @Yooper?

That's a good idea. I wonder if everybody uses the brew sessions(?) vs. using the Recipe Builder for the entire process. I know I've fielded questions from people who don't use the brew session feature though.

I guess I need to know the advantages of returning brew session info vs recipe info.

Mate that's awesome, great walk through. Thanks for doing that.

Back