SS Pressure Fermenter

I use a modified Sanke keg, 7.75 gallons. Has a foot print slightly larger than a corny keg, it's super tough and built in handles. It works really well.

If you're handy, you could build one. Here's a previous post about it, it's about 1/2 way down the page.

https://www.brewersfriend.com/forum/threads/learning-about-oxidation.13013/#post-103722

That's pretty cool. I would probably want the top to come off like a regular corny keg though so that I have full access into the fermenter.

That's pretty cool. I would probably want the top to come off like a regular corny keg though so that I have full access into the fermenter.
Yeah, a corny keg opening is nice. I clean these with a keg cleaner. I thought about a getting a 10 gallon corny to ferment in, but I couldn’t find one for a decent price.

Yeah, a corny keg opening is nice. I clean these with a keg cleaner. I thought about a getting a 10 gallon corny to ferment in, but I couldn’t find one for a decent price.

They are crazy expensive aren't they!

Sort of similar and the opening isn't that much larger (well actually it's twice the size of the standard Sanke opening).

Last edited:
Sort of similar and the opening isn't that much larger
I didn't watch the video, but it looks like a 4" Triclamp port welded on top of a 55 liter Sanke. If that's what that is, you can do all kinds of things with the lid. In and out with a coil for glycol, or just a simple thermowell port for an inkbird.

Yep, 4" tri-clover fitting.

Sort of similar and the opening isn't that much larger (well actually it's twice the size of the standard Sanke opening).

That is awesome, definitely in the running for my top 3. Really ticks all the marks and at 7.6 it is perfect for my High OG 5 gallon batches. The bigger footprint really isn't an issue as they seem to be stackable. And, If I ever decide to go kegging again, it counts as an extra keg.

Are you wanting to ferment under pressure or do pressure transfers? This tank seems to be rated to only 4psi which is fine for transfers, but I believe is too low for pressure fermentation.

Just for transferring. Not really sure that I want to go down the pressurized fermentation path.

Back