Big Mouth Bubbler Depth Charge question

Reaction score
First time using my recently acquired Depth Charge infuser to go with my BMB carboy. Last night I added coconut and cinnamon to a recently brewed brown ale and my question is should there be air lock activity after 12 hours? There is a small krausen-like ring formed on top of the beer but not a single bubble in the airlock. Has anyone used this device and can offer some insight? It seems that to install the infuser it could compromise the CO2 blanket and I certainly don't want to oxidize my beer. Is it common to not see air lock activity or is this indictive of a poor seal and risk of exposure? Thanks in advance.

First time using my recently acquired Depth Charge infuser to go with my BMB carboy. Last night I added coconut and cinnamon to a recently brewed brown ale and my question is should there be air lock activity after 12 hours? There is a small krausen-like ring formed on top of the beer but not a single bubble in the airlock. Has anyone used this device and can offer some insight? It seems that to install the infuser it could compromise the CO2 blanket and I certainly don't want to oxidize my beer. Is it common to not see air lock activity or is this indictive of a poor seal and risk of exposure? Thanks in advance.
Poor seal. I have the problem with several of my plastic fermentors. It's not a problem, really, the gas is escaping somewhere and any bacteria can't swim upstream. My beers are stable despite the leaks so I don't worry much about them.

I use a BMB quite often. They will leak. I will sometimes use duct tape to hold down the top. I have found that my lids do seal once the moisture around the neck and lid area dries up.

Back