Vienna SMaSH concoction

Should be interesting. Cascade is not traditional in Vienna lagers, either the traditional ones or their Mexican offspring, but I don't know why it wouldn't work.

Dude, I have seen Cascade work in a Hefeweizen of all things... It will crush a Vienna Lager in my opinion! If there were any American Hop to try it with, then Cascade is it!

If you can get your hands on 34/70 and ferment at the same temp as US05 that would be even better in my opinion. If not then ROCK ON!

Just be sure to post some pics of the results with a write up on the taste - unless of course you can mail me a sample! ;)

Should be interesting. Cascade is not traditional in Vienna lagers, either the traditional ones or their Mexican offspring, but I don't know why it wouldn't work.
Given the choice of US-05 for yeast, it's not a Vienna Lager.
Should make a very nice Blonde or Pale.

Given the choice of US-05 for yeast, it's not a Vienna Lager.
Should make a very nice Blonde or Pale.
There is that, as well. Should make a decent lawnmower beer in any case.

There is that, as well. Should make a decent lawnmower beer in any case.
I'll be doing something pretty similar, though likely with noble hops. We need lawnmower beers in Texas, even though the lawns stop growing in the heat and drought. We don't need to spend an hour behind a mower to work up a sweat and be ready for a cold one. More like walk out into the yard for 15 minutes. :D :D :D

I'll be doing something pretty similar, though likely with noble hops. We need lawnmower beers in Texas, even though the lawns stop growing in the heat and drought. We don't need to spend an hour behind a mower to work up a sweat and be ready for a cold one. More like walk out into the yard for 15 minutes. :D :D :D
My wife's from San Antonio, used to live in Houston.... It's comfortable mid-80's here today with a nice breeze....

I'm tempted to do one of these myself. Maybe get up early before it hits 30C here and my body shuts down.

I'm tempted to do one of these myself. Maybe get up early before it hits 30C here and my body shuts down.
I had to check a conversion calculator to tell whether I should feel sorry for you. :D
It's already hit 40C here several times. Your 30c ain't getting any sympathy from me. :D :D

If you do, please give me feedback. I am going to buy the ingredients on Saturday and store them in the freezer until I can brew it. Might even push it up to make it after my first brew rather than wait...

Has all of the snow melted out there in Edmontown Hawk?;)

I had to check a conversion calculator to tell whether I should feel sorry for you. :D
It's already hit 40C here several times. Your 30c ain't getting any sympathy from me. :D :D

Blech. 40c is not my idea of a good time.

Reactions: J A
I love me some Vienna I'd throw some Nobel hop at it like Sazz and cook it with as above 34/70 or such lager yeast bit I can't fault you for using either Cascade or S05.

Get on with it son I say let's get some beer fermenting:D!

I love me some Vienna I'd throw some Nobel hop at it like Sazz and cook it with as above 34/70 or such lager yeast bit I can't fault you for using either Cascade or S05.

Get on with it son I say let's get some beer fermenting:D!
Now you're talking., I have a few other brews to get under the belt first to get accustomed to the processes, then I will get cracking on this one....

My first ever batch (American Amber Ale) is in the fermenter for a week now. Will be bottling next weekend., can't wait.

Now you're talking., I have a few other brews to get under the belt first to get accustomed to the processes, then I will get cracking on this one....

My first ever batch (American Amber Ale) is in the fermenter for a week now. Will be bottling next weekend., can't wait.
You're jumping straight from an ale on your first batch and a lager on your second? Ambitious....

Back