April 2013 Release is Live, Refractometer Support, Calories, iPhone 1.2 sync, Lifetime MembershipsFriday, April 19th, 2013
More cool new features at your disposal. Our mission is to help you brew better beer! Enjoy!
- When used with wort, refractometers readings require adjustment by a wort correction factor, and an additional correction in the presence of alcohol. Our calculators cover all that for you! See our FAQ about the types of gravity scales we support.
- New Stand Alone Refractometer Calculator
- How to determine your Refractometer’s Wort Correction Factor. A new equipment profile setting has been introduced to store this parameter.
- Screen shot of brew log entry screen:
Calories per 12oz / 355 mL:
- The recipe editor, under the More… section will now show the calorie count.
- In the brew session section, there is a new line for calories which appears after the fermentation completely log entry is made.
Lifetime Memberships Available:
- We have re-enabled Lifetime Memberships!
- If you already have a Premium Membership that has a lot of time left you are in a good spot. Down the road we plan to setup a discount program for members who want to convert from a Premium Membership to a Lifetime Membership.
iPhone 1.2 Release, which supports sync (premium account required):
- Our iPhone app is catching up to the cloud solution fast. Next we will support brew session and brew log sync!
- Brewer’s Friend iPhone App Information Page
- Our Stand Alone ABV Calculator has been updated to calculate calories, attenuation, and support Plato!
- Usual minor bug fixes, platform updates, etc.
Don’t forget about The Big Brew Day, coming up May 4th at your Local Home Brew Store! At the stores here in Portland there will be lots of brewing going on, food, discounts, and of course home brew! Have a blast!