Who is brewing today?

It's part of a park here. You buy the membership for that. If you pay a few extra bucks, they give you a brewery membership too. Entitles you to brew once with them, and a 10% discount on food, and a large beer for the price of a small. I've always liked this park. It was free when I was a kid. I don't mind supporting them.

Other than the sours, they have no beer! The brewmaster is insistent on brewing period correct beers. They make a good root beer and a good cream soda. The cream soda comes with a little tub of cream, like coffee cream. Grosses my kids out, but it tastes good!

She, yes (as someone else told me.) I don't know my beer history too well. I'd think they'd like to make a couple beers that could sell well. I had a squash beer once. I think I'd like it if it wasn't sour.

Hmmm there's plenty of euro breweries been making lagers much longer than that , might be true for that part of the US though as Brett is literally everywhere

Brewing a German Pilsner this afternoon.

Attachments

• 20161210_153930-756x1008.jpg
    20161210_153930-756x1008.jpg
    189.8 KB · Views: 129
2 weeks ahead of you there ! just starting the ramp down after testing a very clean sample a few minutes ago , think this will turn out a cracker ! Balance between bitterness is about spot on

What recipe you using ?

Excellent Mark. It's a recipe I concocted. it's off style a bit, though, with a targeted 6.95% ABV (FG 1.023).

Should be interesting.

Attachments

• 20161210_160639-756x1008.jpg
    20161210_160639-756x1008.jpg
    180.1 KB · Views: 136
Last pils I just did was 500g Munich light and I think 200g carapils.

But wood house I'm not sure if caramel Pilsner malt is the same as carapils?

I started out keeping all my beers in plastic tubs just in case 1 blew up .....braver / more comfortable these days .
With any luck you'll be enjoying those in a few weeks Chuck assuming you can keep them above 18°C

hmmm so i learned something today !
so it's not a dextrine malt but is a caramel / Crystal
That FG is well out of style for a pils though ,thinking it may well end up very sweet tasting but still be interesting to hear how it goes

Back