Updates to the Brewer's Friend Forum

Yooper

Administrator
Lifetime Member
Staff member
Established Member
Reaction score
I wanted to give everyone a heads up on some changes to the look of the forum.

We will be updating the forum in the next few days, and I wanted you all to be aware. The forum may look and feel a bit different at first, but the features and posting will be just about the same.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to post right here in the forum or to use the "contact us" email link and we will be available to answer any questions you have or to help with any issues that come up.

I will be available during most daytime hours (I am in US central time) but feel free to contact/post at anytime at all and we will respond as soon as possible.

Thank you!

vBulletin, I hope!

vBulletin, I hope!

I wish I had the power to make those decisions!!!!!

So, for everybody, how's it going? The look is a bit different but it should be easy to navigate and use.

Any problems? Anything that bothers you in using the forum after the change? We'd love to hear your feedback!

ok found one, the forum heading title "Brewing Forum" links to the home page of the site not the forum index page

Great catch! I'll see about changing that.

Let me do some tests, can I attach an image ....

Attachments

• river.JPG
    river.JPG
    750.1 KB · Views: 153
Can I attach an image full width ....

KxIRS.png

So how do I update my avatar LOL .. Should I ask that in public?

Can you go into "profile" on the upper right, and choose "picture and profile"? Then from there, upload a profile pic.

Your avatar is your "profile pic". Try it and see if it works. If not, well, we know where to start!

Oh sweet Jesus! I can copy and paste images into the post reply box! I'm living in the future!!!!

upload_2016-9-6_20-56-18.png

img_22 Sep. 06 22.16.jpg

so just curious, I know this div "white bar" is for the adds that show up for non members but do we really need to lose that space? could you enclose the whole divide to collapse including the blank space it takes up? raising the rest of the forum up for us

I cant navigate on my phone, too slow, Im guessing some serous server side caching needs to be done

Thanks for your input- I didn't think to even try on my phone. Duh! I'll let them know.

There seems to be more ads to scroll by now. And yes, it's weird on my iPhone 6Plus. Actually, I rarely check the forums from my computer. Seems a little slower to me, but not much. Definitely klunky. I'll probably get used to most of it.

Ads fix is in place. Should ship really soon.

I can access via my iPhone 6. Everyone having issues?

thanks the adds gone worked fine, the user menu is a bit hard to read on my phone, it worked in horizontal on my phone but not vertical, the forum is better, still somewhat slow on the phone but I'm guessing it will improve

It seems I have to do an awful lot of scrolling up and down now to get through new posts, especially when they are in different subforums.

Reading actual threads or just a list of threads?

Can you post a screen shot of what you see? You hit Print Screen now and just Control-V into the message box to post an image.

hey TX the forum home bottom change is an easy fix, either in the admin system settings or the config file, Im sure a lot of people are getting redirected to the home page unnecessarily

Back