1 oz cluster 60 min
1 oz cluster 5 min
1 lb sour cherry candy suger
1 1/2 gallons of kombucha (pasturized at 160 for 20 min) added at flame out
2 tsp of fresh ground grains of paradise 5 min
amercan wheat yeast (recomend starter)
I'm fermenting at 68 degrees

ferment for 2 weeks or when trub has fallen heavy and ferment has slowed

in secondary add peels of 6 lemons and two oranges to bottom of 2ndary (just outer peel no white pith)

Is this your first time brewing this one woods? Sure looks like an interesting Brew.

This is a first time run with komucha and sour cherry candy suger. Ive made this wheat beer 3 other times once plain once with fresh peachs and once with blackberry all turned out excelent. Im looking for a tart slight sour flavor without the wild a yeast contamination. I made the komucha myself so i controlled the sourness through scobi ferment time Was hoping others have tried this it's in my primary fermentor for 24 hours now.

Yea I've brewed some booch before the longer you leave it the more tart it gets. yea I recon it will come out good. I'd keep tasting it till its at the right tartness/sourness then chill it and keg it to stop continued fermentation.

My thoughts being that the Scooby would continue to chew up unfermented sugars left behind after the Brewers yeasto_O?

Last edited:
Kombucha has been pasteurized so active cultures are dead just their tart flavors are left behind, no worries on continued fermentation from them, gives the wort a nice amber hue.

Kombucha has been pasteurized so active cultures are dead just their tart flavors are left behind, no worries on continued fermentation from them, gives the wort a nice amber hue.

Ah gotcha :) well sounds like all you've gotta do now is brew her up and hope for the best.

Back