Printable brew log

keatch

Trial Member
Reaction score
Hi, I love your software, I've also tried Beer Tools Pro and Beer Smith and I think Brewers Friend has one very clear advantage, which is the Brew Sessions and Log. I do like to print all of my recipes etc though, call me paranoid but what happens if there's an apocalypse and I can no longer access Brewer's Friend but I still want to re-create that amazing that amazing double IPA I made 3 years ago.

It would be brilliant if I was able to print a completed log of each brew session that contained all of my notes, log entries and the batch performance... Forgive me if this feature already exists and I have overlooked it.

Keep up the brilliant work.

I am also interested in this!!!!!

I like to keep paper copies of all my brew day info with my recipes. I'm surprised this doesnt already exist.

This would be a very nice feature. Maybe I missed this also but is there a way to show the review of the a brew session online with the log notes showing? When I go to Brewing reports and click on the recipe it shows the recipe used and no log notes. I would like to see the entire brew session online.

Also would like to be able to print my brew log with a simple click and print. Right now copy and paste does not work.

I'd concur...maybe I missed it as well. As a new user of Brewer's Friend, I was blown away by its features...but was surprised to see that the log was not included in the brewing session report. I'd love to be able to include the log in my records for each of my brews, as this is where I note things I'd change if a brew a particular recipe again. I can extract the log with cut and paste into other programs, but lose the formatting in the process.

Thanks all, I've added this to our feature tracking system. The overall printability of recipe information could use a facelift. I'll keep you posted as I'm able to get to development on this.

Was about to create a request, when I saw this.

+1 Please do it, it would give so much more value for me.

+1 for me.. currently i have brew log sheets and I write everything down by hand and keep in a binder .. at the same time i record it in Brewers Friend.. would be nice to have the info printout for records and binding and whatnot

+1
I love having cloud storage, but cant completely trust it. Ive been burnt too many times before.

Hey Josh...

It's been a few months since you commented on this feature request, and I thought I'd check in to see if you've had an opportunity to make any progress on this? As always, thanks for your hard work on my favorite brewing software!

Josh (Brewer's Friend) said:
Thanks all, I've added this to our feature tracking system. The overall printability of recipe information could use a facelift. I'll keep you posted as I'm able to get to development on this.

Is there an update on the progress towards getting the brew logs to print?

Bumping this as I would also like to see this feature and curious as to the progress.

Edit: I see that this is possible from the Print option in the Recipe page. Thanks!

Back