Mash pH and the water calculator

ScoundrelBrau

Premium Member
Reaction score
Apologies if this has already been addressed, but I couldn't figure out how to search the forum as the software wouldn't support searching for such a small word ("pH"). It didn't even like "mash pH".

I've been a paid subscriber for a year but last week was the first time I brewed using the new interface. I was pleasantly surprised by the new interface, with the water chemistry calculations integrated into the brew session page. But then I was somewhat annoyed to find out that pH calculation wasn't supported. I always try to estimate (and then measure) the pH of my mash, as I think this is an important step in ensuring good beer. I liked the old calculator here because it would estimate pH based on my grain bill and it seemed pretty accurate in the amount of lactic acid it advised me to add to the mash.

It seems that functionality is still available if I link through to the advanced calculator; however, it doesn't seem like the site still has the ability to populate my grain bill into the advanced calculator the way it used to when I linked to it in the old interface. Has this functionality been removed or did I miss something?

I'm deciding whether to renew my subscription, and the thought of having to re-enter the entire grain bill manually every time I brew is giving me some hesitation. So basically what I want to know is: is there a way to open the advanced water chemistry page and have it populated with values from a recipe? Or even better, could you just include the pH section into the basic calculator?

Back