I visited a brewery today!

They where brewing then Macca the amount of hops they must use in one single addition would be my lifetime supply and probably then for IPAs too:p

Bierstadt Lagerhaus, thanks to the hospitality of nosybear and his wife. Great beers with a strong german influence

We enjoyed very much visiting the Bierstadt Lagerhaus with JCMcnamara and his lovely wife! Thanks for the bottles - I'll be sampling later this week when I have time to do them justice.

We enjoyed very much visiting the Bierstadt Lagerhaus with JCMcnamara and his lovely wife! Thanks for the bottles - I'll be sampling later this week when I have time to do them justice.
Well aren't you too opening a brew pub or what:p the amount of breweries you visit I'd think you'd have all their recipes already joking :D.

i went to Bayou Teche today out in wherever the hellville Louisiana! Really fun time, salvaged a bad day since the LHBS was unexpectedly and UNNECESSARILY closed. But, we had a great day, good weather for a drive, jambalaya was on the house at the brewery, did some flights, got a glass, live music, dogs. +

Well aren't you too opening a brew pub or what:p the amount of breweries you visit I'd think you'd have all their recipes already joking :D.

...thoroughly confused...

I recommend getting into the same frame of mind he was when he wrote that post. ;)

No issues here, just wondering if I were missing something.

At Brookeville Beer Farm. really nice rustic tap house, farmers market going on, beautiful day, session beer in hand. it's a good day

Black rock brewery finally paid them a visit man all I can say I wish I had this setup in my shed at home:p.
I tried an cream ale (mines better) too Sulfury I think hasn't let it age lone like it's fresh out the keg. And a pale ale was a better drop! They were giving away the cream ale with every rib meal purchased so probably a quick way to get rid of crap beeR? Want to go back and try his breakfast stout and hopefully bring a jar and ask for some fresh yeast out of one of his many little conical fermentors:rolleyes:.

What do you think them conical fermentor volume are 200lt? Just one of them would be nice:).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    715.7 KB · Views: 192
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    803.2 KB · Views: 213
My Father worked in a brewery for over 40 years, as a young man 16 plus, I would visit him when he was working weekend shifts.
As there was very little to do other than keep an eye on the various vats and rouse the beer he would take me all through the place.
Walking into the cool 'Hop Store' was fantastic, the superb aroma of the hops - lots of them. Oh! and I was always pulled a pint by him before I went home (Chesters Mild)
Cheers!

Had a witbier at black rock brewery here today my local Moffat beach Craft brewery and guess what out of the corner of my eye I cought the Brewer himself scraping out the mash tun luter tun what ever you call it in brewery terms. He was halfway through the boil brewing his new trial batch brew call C Bomb IPA the three C hops cascade centennial and citra.
So I was lucky enough to meet the man behind the brewery owner of the cafe a great chat and inspiring as well. He brews 200+ liter batches his boil he was on was 300lt boil off it was 50lt! Like two of my batches lol. He gets 4 - 50lt kegs outta one brew. His fermentors are conical fermentors see photo up above this post using glycol to chill his fermentor. He started out biab brewing at home but said scaling up recipes to even 300lt was pain in the arse. He said not so much grist but hops were way outta wack. He had to tweak all of his recipes.
But cool thing is he can't keep up with demand and is ordering some bigger conicals to up his production! The brew pub thing where the brewery is on show in the restaurant is going bonkers here on the sunny coast mmm maybe there is room for me yet lol:). Well I had me speal I'll be heading back there in three weeks to try his C Bomb IPA;).

We visited Dogfish Head. O. M. F. G.

So inspring and a beautiful campus. Their cold storage is bigger than most craft breweries I've visited. So many pics, I'll resize a few and post them

Visited Independent Brewing Company. Pretty good beers and great tap room

First time with the wee one, and he didn't make a peep

I also want to taste the beer you said, can I buy it online? Is it sweet? How much bubble? I do not like the bubble more, if the taste a little bit sweet, I will be more like.;););)

Visited Independent Brewing Company. Pretty good beers and great tap room

First time with the wee one, and he didn't make a peep
One thing I love about Colorado: Playpens in brew pubs.

Back