I brewed today!

my efficiency keeps going up , paying more attention to my water must be helping
not bad for a yobbo brewing on his stove !
What was your brew house efficiency today Mark?

Is that coopers pale ale recipe on here Mark?

Today was 78 % nothing spectacular but its getting better , extra litre in Fv and 2 points over expected OG
my number could be higher but i keep as much as possible out of my FV , was tempted to boil even longer to reduce volume .
you should be able to search any of my recipes mate
CPA v2.0

Today was 78 % nothing spectacular but its getting better , extra litre in Fv and 2 points over expected OG
my number could be higher but i keep as much as possible out of my FV , was tempted to boil even longer to reduce volume .
you should be able to search any of my recipes mate
CPA v2.0
Yea I think I've browsed em in Australian sparkling ale section;) will go and have a Squiz now

not brewing, but I mashed up 10 satsumas for the juice and I'm drying 10 peels in the oven, which in turn, my house smells amazing. going to cut em up and brew a satsuma wheat next month.

Today I'm brewing an original lager recipe. Tomorrow, I'll brew an original and new recipe, one for my wife. A gingerbread beer. She likes those in the upcoming cold season.

I have the gingerbread ale chilled, still in the brewpot, settling. The house smells like gingerbread, so I think I got it right! Not bad for a first attempt on an original recipe.

I brewed yesterday evening/ finished this morning. Brewed and cooled yesterday after I got home from work then left fermentor in freezer to chill to 12c pitching temp. This morning before work pitched yeast and hopefully right about now the party is really kicking off in the fermentor:)

Made my Roggenbier a few hours ago and I'm just now bringing my Golden Sour Ale up to a boil.

Smell on that sour wasn't nearly as bad as i thought it was going to be!

Think it ended up being about 33 hours that i let the mash sour. Have another 25 minutes of boiling, i know i should taste the wort...but i don't think i can bring myself to do it!

It's that bad eh? Are sours clear beers or cloudy I know nothing about the style
The ones I've had have been clear, although they've been on the darker side color wise.
I think we've found a new horizon for you sir, a new challenge to tackle

Not quite to the past tense yet. I'm currently brewing my tweaked Porter recipe. I'll throw some coffee into it, by request of a friend of mine. He said my Coffee Porter goes great with pancakes and sausage for breakfast!

It's that bad eh? Are sours clear beers or cloudy I know nothing about the style

Yeah buddy!!!.... the prolonged smell during the boiling process was way worse then the 2 minute surface mold scraping part. Made me not hungry or thirsty really. After 45 minutes, i dumped in a one ounce packet of dried grapefruit peel just to try to change the air a bit!

I'm always sniffing on my airlocks to get a since of what's going on. It smells good now so im pretty happy.

You can sour any style of beer buddy. Friend of mine had a Soured Black IPA, he said it was like heaven?
I've never ran across a sour that didn't make me wish that i could swim in it.

Crooked Stave & Trinity Brewing have both made the best sours that i've had so far if you are looking for inspiration

http://www.trinitybrew.com/salessheet2.php
http://www.crookedstave.com/

Last edited:
good idea, this is the last warm day here for 2 weeks, if you call 45 warm, might as well brew, only thing is I didn't prepare yesterday, its going to be a long day lol

Back