Home made pizza

Homemade sourdough crust, homemade sauce, homemade mozzarella. maybe some store bought olives since they don't grow well here.

Homemade sourdough crust, homemade sauce, homemade mozzarella. maybe some store bought olives since they don't grow well here.
Man you are king of DIY Nosey you remind me of a fella who lives locally near me he has a big you tube following his segment is called "if I can do you can do it." He knows a bit about everything that fella:)

So here's the result: Granddaddy's Favorite with homemade sourdough crust and pizza sauce.
20161127_182456.jpg

I made 4 for the day after thanks giving, problem was I could only make 1 at a time, they all got very hungry after the first, then I had to work hard to feed everyone on time, it was a day lol

Same limitation here. I have to do the kids' pepperoni first, then do the adults' sun-dried tomato, olive, pepper and mushroom version. We have a double oven but only the top one will go to 550 degrees F (more using broil). Strategy: Get the pizza stone as hot as possible then lower the temp to 550 from broil.

Man that looks like one fine pizza there nosy. Your making me hungry just looking at it:)

Ive been saving some dough for a sour starter, in and out of the fridge for a month, unfortunately its turned gray, I think it will be ok its sour for sure

A little bit of a pineapple juice mixed in with your starter will get it going that's what I used when kicking of my last one.

Ive been saving some dough for a sour starter, in and out of the fridge for a month, unfortunately its turned gray, I think it will be ok its sour for sure
Just give it a good feeding, it'll be fine. Sourdough starters are pretty resilient.

Scrape that grey scum off the top too if it's a watery substance you can mix that back in. Them sour dough starters give you a great Insite into yeast and how they can be temperamental. My sourdough starter used to smell sour and fruity not off or rank

Just made a pizza, same as Ive made before with everything on it and ran out of mozzarella cheese completely so I used shredded cheddar and the darn thing tasted better, now thats weird I wasn't expecting that

Pizza night tonight! Home made pizza. toppings-cheese, salami, spring onion, capsicum, pineapple topped with a sprinkle of smoked paprika mmmm now where's that beer;).

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    841.6 KB · Views: 170
Tonight's homecooked pizza whilst the missus goes out to movies. Beauty and the beast

Attachments

• 20170422_190711.jpg
    20170422_190711.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 153
  • 20170422_190711.jpg
    20170422_190711.jpg
    714 KB · Views: 143
  • 20170422_190017.jpg
    20170422_190017.jpg
    763.9 KB · Views: 155
Looks very good.

Sunday is home made pizza night for me. I used to buy out on Sunday for many years until the few good places closed up. I had to learn pizza dough. I did, no sweat now. Anyway, it will have home grown garlic sausage, not sure what else yet.

Looks very good.

Sunday is home made pizza night for me. I used to buy out on Sunday for many years until the few good places closed up. I had to learn pizza dough. I did, no sweat now. Anyway, it will have home grown garlic sausage, not sure what else yet.
Ive got one of those thermomixes so it does all the kneading for me i know lazy right. Ive tried using yeast slurry for the leavening but i got to much hop particulate in thereand it made for a bitter pizza.

Oh make sure you use the best cheeze i used cheap stuff last night and it was boring.

Topping = capsicum . Shreadded ham. Pineapple. Tomatoe paste sprinkledwith basil and oregano. Cheese. And mushrooms.

Last edited:
I don't mind hand kneading, it doesn't take long. About 30 kneads after wetting and gathering the dough does it. 5 minutes from start to finish. I do it all in a big SS bowl. Oil the dough ball with olive oil and let rise. I used home bacon fat to grease the pan today. That gives bacon hints without adding much salt.

Looking at peppers, shrooms, garlic sausage, onion. Thought I had black olives on hand, not. I could use ham, pr'ly not tonight. You know how it is, some days you just want to do what you want.

I buy 6 lb loafs of moz on Amazon. Alexmeat I'm thinking. USA made, very good moz but it is moz. Extra sharp cheddar and parm make a huge difference as I'm sure you already know.

I'll be building in about 20 minutes.

Back