Adding Fruit To Some Roggenbier?

Drank one, the chocolate taste has really mellowed out and it has a slight boozy kick to it. Probably still should have cut the chocolate down to 4oz and upped the amount of "junk" X2.... especially up the coconut, and maybe pound some tart cherry juice along with it.

Come summer time i will make this beer again, and do exactly that.... and i think everyone will love it and it will be aged nicely into a fine Christmas type brew.

https://untappd.com/user/JoshuaPeterson/checkin/412040967
e9764345e5d717ac8b4a771fb171555c_640x640_zps496whsdy.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:
Im not sure you made a roggenbier actually style wise it's not anyway. Not that that matters. I'd just call it a holiday ale and set it aside until next winter. Don't serve it in a frozen mug next time and see how the flavor changes.

Interesting to see how those flavours meld in the bottle , I've never thought of adding that many extra flavours to my beer

Yeah Mark buddy, i added in way too much chocolate and not enough fruit for my liking. It's a drinkable beer but it doesn't stand out enough.
Now that i've pulled it off i want to either do a chili chocolate beer and add the same amount of chocolate and just add in alot more fruit to make it standout more

My bottles of this beer are foaming over when they are opened, think it's the chocolate causing it? I've been letting them sit and haven't tried one in a while till the other day.... I put it into secondary for quite a while when i racked it off the fruit and chocolate?

My bottles of this beer are foaming over when they are opened, think it's the chocolate causing it? I've been letting them sit and haven't tried one in a while till the other day.... I put it into secondary for quite a while when i racked it off the fruit and chocolate?
Still taste good Joshua or is it a little tangy?

Still taste good Joshua or is it a little tangy?
Besides it foaming over, it ended up being a really great beer! All my new friends I made while I was at the Home Depot thought it was awesome. I'm gonna use that same base for another Christmas beer and go more twards the fruit cake side of things!

Besides it foaming over, it ended up being a really great beer! All my new friends I made while I was at the Home Depot thought it was awesome. I'm gonna use that same base for another Christmas beer and go more twards the fruit cake side of things!
Well as long as its the beer and not you lol:D. I find the next time around brewing a slightly tweeked recipie is always better!

Well as long as its the beer and not you lol:D. I find the next time around brewing a slightly tweeked recipie is always better!

LOL......... indeed buddy!
I'm glad i made that brew, made me not scared to step out there into the unknown. It had alot of character for sure

Back