Applied for the AHA National Competition

So I suppose there ain't no time to brew another one? My un judged and non professional advice is a risk of oxidation from transferring from swing top to capped bottle and adding extra carbonation sugar:oops:.
How can you do this without splashing remember were talking carbonated beer here mate?

Think of this how bad is that APA? You may not have the same beer once you've transfered them from one bottle to the next and therefore your Katz in the Kradel may not be the same brew anymore and it maybe wiser just to,submit your apa as is.

Why not transfer 3 or 4 bottles add your carb sugar and before you submit do a taste test against a non transfered brew. If it tastes cardboard your twangy then submit apa if not your in like flin :D.

Hope your pickin up what I'm puttin down

Why not transfer 3 or 4 bottles add your carb sugar and before you submit do a taste test against a non transfered brew. If it tastes cardboard your twangy then submit apa if not your in like flin :D.

Hope your pickin up what I'm puttin down

This sounds like a good plan I think. But maybe bump the number of amber bottles you're going to do just in case you make it onto the final round and that way you won't have to go through all this again.

This sounds like a good plan I think. But maybe bump the number of amber bottles you're going to do just in case you make it onto the final round and that way you won't have to go through all this again.
Agreed with Trialben and Myndflyte...I'm going to do a total of 10 amber 12 ouncers and see how it goes. That way I have some flexibility. I have decided to push the IPA and roll the dice. Keeping this all in context, it's no money, it's supposed to be fun, and it's a learning experience. If I like it I can be better prepared and plan ahead for next year (and do some local competitions in the meantime).

Good feedback gents. I appreciate it!

I filled 8 legal 12 ouncers amber bottles from the Grolsch flip tops on Monday. I poured very slowly to prevent too much splash. I added 3 Brewer's Best conditioning tabs per bottle (less than normal since the beer was already carbed). I plan on tasting on next week before I send in the 2 bottles for the first round. So far, it seems to have gone okay. We shall see when I taste it!

Thanks for the advice folks.

Cheers!

Back