What are you drinking right now?

Sorry to bombard this thread with my beer pics this will be the last for a while but I just have to post this pick of a cruise ship on my beer lol.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    340.7 KB · Views: 129
Ok Ben here we go. I was comparing Swiss-189 with S-23 and as a taste comparison they were extremely comparable. I brew mostly ales but have been playing with lagers. This beer is tasty. The bitter is there yet the malt is there for the backbone .Saaz stands proud and the mittelfruh is only a lite background. The balance is there as far as hops, malt, mouthfeel. As far as clarity the bottom of the keg cleaned up nicely but was cloudy most of the way. Chill haze. Was clearer before lagering. I screwed up the mashing trying to make 2 very different beers at the same time. The Barleywine brewed the same day is in secondary, day 32 and is doing great. It is tough to do 2 brews at the same time. Cheers!

Attachments

• beer.jpg
    beer.jpg
    166.1 KB · Views: 114
Looks nice and tastey to me there headfirst I'm sure that brulosophers yeast comparison came to the same conclusion as you they are pretty much indistinguishable. One the lager has warmed a little it will clear way more. My Pilsner has a slight chill haze ATM as well but a minute or two out in our balmy weather and haze is gone:).

hoppy session pale wheat that I made. came in at 4.75%ABV, used Mandarina @ 60, 20, and 10, Medusa @ 5 and 1. Satsuma peels and cardamom was used. US-05 fermented at 59ºF.... Yes, I ferment US05 at 59Fº,, but I am still getting a solid amount of esters in my opinion. And I don't really know how to go about changing that

If you're feeling particularly lazy, it's a great style to brew using extract....

By the time I brewed a Kölsch, I was doing BIAB. I was inspired by the extract kit in the store. But it does not include Kölsch yeast. The instructions recommended getting it for a better beer.

Friday night and it was one of those weeks:
First up "Full Sail Ale Hop Pursuit IPA"
Second up "New Belgian Voodoo Ranger IPA"
Third up " Ten Barrel Apocalypse IPA"
Forth up "Big Sky Brewing Co. Shake -a-Day IPA"
Did I mention I am in a hoppy mood?
Um, now where was I? Oh ya, time for a shower and another round.;)
Maybe this week wasn't that bad. Cheers!

Mate don't have a shower sometimes if I'm having a session and I have a shower it seems to wash my thirst off and it takes another brew or two to get back into the swing of things:p.

you cant taste any hops in this beer or if you can its very subtle and clean tasting, its very good but I had to carb it high for some reason the beer was too soft tasting at first but now that its carbed and conditioned its perfect

Once I finish moving I'll have to get a few double brew days done .... Just drank the very last bottle I have !
May even cheat and get an extract brew or 2 done just to fill my empty bottles back up .
The sight of 188 empty bottles is kind of depressing

Once I finish moving I'll have to get a few double brew days done .... Just drank the very last bottle I have !
May even cheat and get an extract brew or 2 done just to fill my empty bottles back up .
The sight of 188 empty bottles is kind of depressing
:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:

Back